Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Love for Primary, Music and the Gospel

Let me introduce myself.
I am Sheree Peterson. I have lived in beautiful Lehi, Utah all my life. I am a member of 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sometimes called 'The Mormons'. 
The front of the Salt Lake Temple, with a partial view of the reflecting pond in front.
If you don't know much about the Mormons you can find out more HERE.
In our church we have an organization that teaches the gospel to the children called the Primary. 

When I was 14 years old I was asked to play the piano in Primary each week so the children could learn the gospel through singing. It was my first calling in the church and one I have loved. Over the years of my life, I've had other opportunities to serve in lots of different positions but being in the Primary with the children has always been my favorite. 

Currently, I am the chorister in my ward. It's been a great calling for me and is filling a void in my life. I just retired from teaching first grade. After 38 years of being with children almost every day, I didn't know what I was going to do. Thankfully, the Lord knew I would need to teach to be happy. So He called me to teach the gospel through music each week in Primary. 

Next to children and my family, music is my love. I love to sing and play the piano. Although, I am not that good at either, I still try my best. That's why I love children because they don't care how bad I sound as long as it's fun.

And there is one more thing I love as much as children, family, and music. Now that would be this wonderful gospel. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father and enjoy learning about them. The words to a Primary song come to mind: 
"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I know who I am, I know God's plan.
I'll follow Him in Faith.
I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ.
I'll honor His name. I'll do what is right.
I'll follow the light.
His truth I will proclaim.

I'm not that good at putting my feeling into words but I can always find a song that can say it for me. That's what I love about music- it can express how I feel. I love to sing my testimony and I love helping children do the same.

I'm starting this blog to share some of my ideas and ideas I have found that will/have made my calling easier. I love to create things on my computer so I will try and have the ideas made and ready to go. So many times I find a great idea but then spend hours making and getting it ready. So if you're a LDS PRIMARY CHORISTER I hope you will find this blog helpful. 
I LOVE feedback and comments. We learn together.

I know this has been a loooong post. I promise the following posts will not be this wordy.

No comments:

Post a Comment